Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cabin Fever!

Yesterday was such a long day, being stuck in the house without being able to leave even if we wanted to. Today I was totally ready to get out of the house. I don't know what I would do if I had to live in Alaska!! I like getting out of the house every day...even if I'm just going to the Y. Anyway...this morning the roads looked like this.
That's not water...it's ice!! The afternoon brought warmer weather and rain. It made all the snow melt away...well...not all of it. But enough to get out of the house!! Yay!! The roads were really clear but the parking lots were really slippery. Pure ice!
Doesn't that look cool?? Sure glad I didn't have to drive on that! They threw down gravel too so there would be something for your shoes to grip onto and not fall. It froze into the ice and really looked awesome.
Nice huh?? They didn't throw it everywhere though so we still had to walk really slow. The whole reason for even going out in this crazy weather was to get stuff for Thanksgiving. We are celebrating tomorrow and we needed to get all the good stuff for a yummy dinner.  We made it back to the house before it got dark and then settled in for the night. I made my third batch of cookies...the biggest Monster Cookies ever!!

3 comments:

mitzi said...

I love your Alaska updates. I have only been there in the Summer - There is NO WAY I would make it through a winter. Say hi to everyone!

Kirk said...

Glad you were able to get out of the house and actually go somewhere. Sure pretty though. Love you. Daddy

Shane said...

Should have brought my ice skates! Does not look safe for going out :/