Sunday, October 24, 2010

Taste of Atlanta

Yesterday, Shane and I went to the Taste of Atlanta with my parents. We had such a great time! Dane watched the girls for us so we were able to really enjoy ourselves. We got to Atlanta at 10:45 and it started at 11. We picked up our food tickets and our wrist bands and got in line. As soon as we walked in they had a Jonny Rockets booth with milkshakes. So I handed over a ticket and got a yummy milkshake. Shane saw a booth with potstickers and some bread with artichoke clam dip on it. Needless to say we got a little side tracked. :) By the time we got to the VIP booth there was a long line and when we finally got to the front of it they had already sold out of our goodie bags. So then we got in another line to sign up for an Italian wine and beer pairing class. After we did all that we just started walking around tasting food. There were so many good things!! We got some chips and salsa, a margarita cupcake, lots and lots of ribs, fish and chips....my favorite!, pizza...another favorite!!...chocolate cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes, shaved ice cream, thai street noodles, grilled lamb, fried pickles, and I'm sure I'm leaving a bunch of others out. We also got to try a whole bunch of different wines. They had a huge tent set up just for wine tasting. Not being an alcohol drinker it was fun to try a bunch of different kinds without having to buy a whole bottle. I really like the Naked Grape wines. Robert Mondavi wines had a whole tent of their own too. I really liked the Fume Blanc. They even gave us a free cup. :) I didn't bring my camera or feel like taking any pictures. I just really enjoyed my time with Shane and my parents! All these pictures are from Shane or my mom's iphone. :)
 These ribs were AMAZING! I'm not even a rib person really. But I kept stealing bites of Shanes!
 This is the Italian wine and bear pairing class. It was really cool. I loved the white wine and hated the red with the first meal that was a seafood dish. Then the next dish was pork tenderloin and mashed potatos...so amazing!...and the white wine tasted aweful and the red actually tasted good.  I wasn't big on either beer. The first one was a lighter beer with a peachy taste. It wasn't too bad but still...the second beer smelled so awful I didn't even want to taste it! I did and it tasted worse than it smelled! Shane and Dad liked it though so I just let them have it!
 Since we didn't get our goodie bag, I signed up for some vacation getaway at KissFM and they gave me a free bag. We just put all our stuff in that! :)

My favorite part of the whole day was going to a food demonstration by Top Ghef's Kevin Gillespie. He was so cool! He was the guy last year that has the red hair and beard. He didn't win but he was my favorite. He's from Atlanta and I really want to go to his restaurant! There is like a 6 week wait for reservations. He was really cool and his food looked soo good! Maybe someday!

Mom and Dad..so cute!
 
 By the end of the day it was totally packed. There were people everywhere. The lines for food were really long. I'm glad we got there as soon as it opened so we could be totally stuffed before the crowd came! We had a great day and even made it home to see the girls before they went to bed.
 

1 comment:

Kirk said...

We sure had a great time with you and Shane and look forward to next year. It will probably take that long to lose all the weight I gained this year!! Love you. Daddy