Thursday, May 10, 2012

Preschool Graduation

Today surprised me in a lot of ways. There has been so much going on lately that I really haven't been thinking much about Natalie graduating from preschool. And...it's just preschool. It made me laugh that they were making such a big deal out of a 4 year old graduating from preschool. We had to buy cap and gowns and bring food for a special lunch. It was just crazy! But I have to admit that I have kind of been emotional all day! It's not that I'm sad that preschool is over. I'm actually a little happy about that. No more trips back and forth to school, no more having to be there by 1 everyday and getting Heidi fast food because there is no time to go home before picking up Natalie, no more schedule to keep and hopefully no more filling up my gas tank all the stinkin time! I guess I just realized today how lucky I am that we found such an amazing preschool, that these people really love my little girl and that my little girl is pretty darn awesome! More about all that in a bit...now for the actual graduation...
So the graduation started at 11 and I thought I'd get there 15 minutes early because I wanted a good seat. I really figured that would give me PLENTY of time for her little school. I pulled into the parking lot and the place was packed! I couldn't believe it!! The whole middle of the church was full so we sat in the front row on the very left, hoping that we'd be able to see Natalie a little bit. 
  First they brought in all the 3 year olds and 2 year olds and then the little 18 month olds I guess. 
 Then they actually played the graduation march music and the 4 year olds came walking down the center aisle in their cap and gown. 
 It turned out perfectly because she stood right in front of us...yay! Natalie went to stand where she was supposed to and she was so excited when she saw us! 

 The three year olds sang their two songs which were really cute! Yes...I have the entire ceremony on video. :)
 When they were finished they got to go sit with their parents so Nokie went searching for Dane
 Such a great picture!
 Then the 4 year olds sang their two songs. One of the songs was about growing up and how they used to be so small but now everyone keeps telling them how big they've gotten and where has the time gone...totally pulled at the heart strings! 
 They put a picture of each kid on the projector screen as they called them up for their "diploma."
Me and my baby girl
 Heidi and Winnie...best of friends :)
Natalie with one of her teachers, Mrs. TK

So after the adorable ceremony we all got to eat lunch together and then we came home. They sent home a HUGE packet of stuff for the kids. These teachers are really amazing. They put together all the projects that they had worked on all year, gifts from the teachers, books, pictures. They put together this book where they had the kids answer questions about themselves all year long. So cool! They even did a slideshow of pictures from the whole year that was about 30 minutes long. Everything was just so thoughtful and special. Needless to say I've been doing a lot of huggin and squeezin on my girls. They are growing up too fast. I want to treasure the moments where I can pull them up on my lap...Natalie's legs are almost getting too long for that! I just feel like this is going to be a really great summer and I need to remind myself that I need to make the most of every single second!

No comments: