Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nine years ago today, at this exact moment I was eating breakfast at a Shoney's with my family. From there we went to Nan's house for all the girls to get ready and from there we went to Oxnard where we got married in a barn. Now really, how many people can say they got married in a barn? Well, how many people can say they had a beautiful wedding in a barn? :) So for today only I'll play At Last. (I walked down the aisle to that for those of you who don't know) It was a surprise to Shane and when they opened the doors for me to start walking, it felt like I was walking on a cloud. It was just like the movies...I saw Shane at the end of the aisle, grinning from ear to ear and that is all I saw. I didn't see all the people looking at us or hear the babies crying. It was just the two of us pledging our lives together. And then they announced us Mr. and Mrs. and I was so completely happy. It was a special day and an awesome wedding!



To celebrate our anniversary this year, we were going to go to a fancy french restaurant downtown. It ended up being really cold and rainy and Shane didn't think I'd like being freezing in my heels and fancy dress. We ended up going with UGGS and jeans and eating at the Chop House. It was actually really nice. We sat by the fireplace, had a really great dinner and then walked around Barnes and Noble.

No comments: