Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Last Days of our Vacation

Friday we definitely needed to recover from our crazy pace! We took the kids to Hollyann's Mom's pool to swim. The water was so nice! She heated the pool for us and it was like bath water...my favorite! It was actually warmer in the pool than outside. :) I swam for a little bit and then Hollyann and I tried to take a little nap in the sun. Shane, Gracie and all the girls played and played in the water! They had a blast! I know they are super ready for summer to get here. 


Then that night, Erik and Hollyann took Shane and me to the Magic Castle. So so fun! First we had dinner in Westlake...right next door to wear Shane and I took our parents after we got engaged. Memories...*sigh.* :) Dinner was amazing...probably the best lobster bisque I have ever had! Then we headed into LA to go see some magic. The whole place is so cool. It's a maze of rooms with different magicians and different bars. Two of the shows were really fun. One of them was a guy from Austria. His magic wasn't super great but he was really funny. Plus...he called Shane up to the front and tried to get him to do a strip  tease with his suit jacket. He kept telling Shane how to do it right. We were all laughing hysterically and poor Shane was sweating like crazy! But really the best were these two guys called David and Leeman. Seriously...if you ever have a chance to see them you have to go. They were super funny, fast paced and their magic was insane. I couldn't figure out anything they did! They called on Shane too. :) Nothing embarrassing! It was a really great night!

The next morning was our last full day in California. We had saved our beach day for last and the girls were so excited. The only problem was it was freezing cold and overcast! The only day of our whole trip that wasn't sunny and beautiful. :( So we didn't get to go to the beach on this trip but we still had fun. We ended up going to the Camarillo Outlets. Hollyann had never been and she loved it! Since we weren't able to get Disney stuff at Disneyland, we went to the Disney store at the outlets instead. It was perfect! I got the girls a ton of cute shirts for pretty much $5 each, they each picked out a toy, I got a cute shirt for myself and we got them princess cups to drink out of. Score!! Since we were back in Camarillo, we met Steve and Melissa for lunch. After lunch we grabbed coffe and then took the girls to the park. It was such a cool park. We actually all had fun playing on all the toys, even though it was still freezing!







  


 I wanted to make sure we got in as much as possible while we were gone. Mitzi said she could meet us for dinner so we met her at Chi Chi's in Simi. When I was a little kid we would eat here all the time! I always got cheese ravioli, Colie always got spaghetti and meatballs and I think everyone else got pizza. And their rolls are so so good! It was great catching up with Mitzi and her daughter Megan has grown so much! She was almost as tall as Gracie! Afterwards we all got some Thrifty ice cream cones...I sure miss that ice cream!
 Natalie colored on her placemat while we waited for food. I thought it was adorable. :)

That night our plan had been to go to Mastro's for dinner but we couldn't get reservations. Erik decided to order food to go instead. He and Hollyann got dinner and Shane and I shared their warm butter cake for dessert. It was really nice. All the kids were in bed and we just hung out together in their kitchen eating amazing food. 
 This was the biggest steak I have ever seen!
And the best dessert I've ever had.


This whole trip was seriously perfect. I am so thankful that we were able to take our girls and have this amazing family time together. It was great having Gracie with us and we were able to do so much. See family and friends. There are always more people we could have seen and more things we could have done and we will probably try to get all that in next time. :) 



No comments: