Monday, April 30, 2012

Dirty Girl 5K Mud Run

This past Saturday Colie talked me into doing a mud run with her and Gracie. I did not want to do it and even after I agreed to, I was super nervous. I've never done a 5K and this one had obstacles in it!! But...it was so much fun! We drove to Atlanta with Shane and the girls. Brent decided to meet us there.  Shane and Bub walked the course with the girls in a stroller taking pictures. So awesome! 
 It was an all women's charity event so everyone got dressed up in crazy outfits. Let me just say the cute colors didn't last more than 5 minutes!

 The parking lot that we drove to was really far away from the actual mud run! It was strange because there was a ton of parking really close to the venue. Once we figured that out, we made Shane walk all the way back and bring our car closer. :) We thought we'd be too tired afterwards!

 There were a ton of people! They had waves of start times every 15 minutes starting at 8:30 in the morning. Our wave was 1:15 and it was actually perfect. Warm weather but not hot and we didn't have to get up super early to drive all the way to Atlanta!
 Shane started at the finish line and worked his way forward so he wouldn't miss us. It was so much fun to see him and the girls! Gracie was pretending to be really tired but this was really close to the start of the race so we were going pretty good then. :)
 It took a lot of convincing to have Natalie give me a kiss...she wasn't sure about all the mud.
 High fives for Colie! 
 This was my favorite part of the race! Gracie and I went in one tunnel and Colie went in another and we beat her out! I do have to say that she was behing a really slow lady. It didn't matter to me though...I just liked beating her!  
 It was really cool having Bub there too. Colie showed her appreciation too by jumping on him and getting his clothes all muddy!
 Colie diving into the  mud pit.
 My turn...I stayed on my feet so I wasn't so muddy. 
 Gracie did a full on dive!

 This one was insane. The row I went on didn't even have any tires close by so after this I hopped down. Colie went all the way across but she is insane! :)


 I think I was most proud of this obstacle. It wan't hard but at the top it was pretty scary.  We did it though!!




 The last real obstacle...we had to "repel" down the hill and then climb back up. I was just happy we were almsot finished!

 Coming across the finish line. My first 5k finished!!

 The girls were awesome all day! They were so good. Heidi was sad a few times because she wanted to do the run too. We let her run with us a few times and she loved it! We stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home and they got ice creams so they were really happy. I have to say too...Natalie was asleep within 10 minutes of putting her in her bed when we got home...yay!
Shane was proud of me too! 

1 comment:

Kirk said...

Looks like you had such a fun day. I wish we could have been there too. Coppola should be a good road dog by next years event so we wont have to stay home. I'm thinking Varsity on the way home although I'm sure DQ was good too. Love you. Daddy