Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Big 3-0

I turned 30! How crazy is that? I've always been the youngest in the group and now...not so much. :) I wasn't freaked out about turning 30 but I really did want it to be a memorable birthday. I just wanted to look back and remember the day. Well, it was way better than a day. The whole week was really memorable! On my actual birthday we had all the family and some friends over to celebrate. Colie decorated my house and it looked so pretty. I still haven't taken down all the decorations because they are so cool. My parents made taquitos for me. Pork, chicken and beef...all slow cooked to perfection. Shane's mom brought over her amazing 7 layer dip and chips. My dad made frozen Madrases for everyone. (Vodka, cranberry and orange juice and they were awesome!) Everyone seemed to pitch in and make my birthday really special. It was perfect. 
 There were streamers everywhere! These pom poms were my favorite. :)

 Me and Colie
 Me and Sarah
 Me and Hollyann
 Hollyann, Sabrina and Me
 Erik was too tall for the streamers...he called it a limbo party :)
 Me and Daddy 
 Me and Shane
 The kids were very excited about the presents
 Colie wrapped her whole gift in streamers...lots and lots of streamers!
Shane's gift to me....a shopping spree!! Woo Hoo! :)
  
 I hate blowing out candles! I seriously can never blow them out. Erik said I just need better aim! :)
 I made the BEST chocolate cake ever for my birthday this year. I know it's kinda weird to make your own cake but since I really like to bake it just doesn't seem that weird to me. Anyway...I have gotten really good at baking from scratch but for my own birthday I like it out of a box. So if you want to make the best super chocolate cake ever here is what you need. Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. When that is baked and cooled put the first layer on a plate. Use Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge frosting and pour in some mini semi sweet chocolate chips and mix it up. Then spread it on the first layer of cake. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top and then put the second layer of cake on. Then I took a can of Pillsbury milk chocolate frosting and mixed it with the third of a can of dark chocolate fudge frosting that I had left over and then mixed in more mini chocolate chips. Mix it really well and spread all over the cake. Stick it in the fridge overnight and you will have the most amazing chocolate cake ever! Seriously. :)

Probably the coolest part of the whole party was Erik's magic. He is really really good! He had everyone in awe and totally stumped. No one could figure out how he did his tricks. Plus he is just really good at performing magic. 


The next morning it was time for Erik, Hollyann and Savannah to go back home. :( Shane gave the girls a quick ride in the Camaro and I snagged a few pictures before we all headed back to Atlanta.
Seriously...how cute are they?





We took Natalie to school and loaded everyone up in the van. We had to return the Camaro too so my parents followed us to the airport in the Camaro. I think my dad liked driving it. He passed us twice...the first time I felt the car move before I even saw him. Mom texted me that he hit 110. The second time he made it to 119! I don't know how people actually own that car...way too dangerous! You can't help but drive fast!! After dropping them off at the airport we returned the Camaro. We let Heidi sit in the booster seat in the Camaro while Shane and I drove it one last time. She loved it. Then she saw a plane taking off and  waved and said "Bye friends!" and then started crying because she missed her new friends. We cheered her up by taking her to Varsity and having lunch with my parents. There creamsicle milk shake will put anyone in a better mood! :) After lunch my parents took Heidi home with them in the van and Shane and I took his truck to Lennox Mall to go on a shopping spree. Really...I was massively spoiled this birthday. The whole week was better than I could have hoped for. A great way to bring in the 30's!






1 comment:

Kirk said...

I think we enjoyed your Birthday as much as you did. Everything from Pizza night to making taquitos to your Birthday dinner was just great. Oh did I mention driving the Camaro? Love you. Daddy