Thursday, June 14, 2012

Keeping Busy

This week we have done something pretty much every day. It's been fun and crazy!

Monday I had jury duty. I have never been called for jury duty and I was actually pretty excited to perform my civic duty! Gracie babysat for me and I made sure to get to the court house early. I was kind of nervous too. I just didn't know what to expect. I brought a book and I sat in a waiting room with 60 other people for about 3 hours. The old guy next to me had done it 4 times and he filled me in on what to expect. He was a talker! He actually said to me..."I know you're reading a book and I don't mean to bother you, but what's your name?" Pretty funny. The cases ended up being dismissed and they let us all go. They are going to mail me my check for $25....still can't believe that is all they pay you! I would have had to pay Gracie more than that every day to watch my kids!

Tuesday I took the kids to the movies. They have this summer kids special at both of the theaters here where they show movies Tuesday and Thursday mornings for a dollar. Most of the movies are too grown up for my little girls but this Tuesday they were playing Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked. I picked up Gracie on the way and Dane and Nokie met us there. They also have kids drinks and popcorn for $1.50. Great deal! The only problem was that they couldn't get the sound to play. The whole theater was full of little kids and we had to sit there for 40 min past the time it was supposed to start while they were figuring out how to fix it. Yikes! A little crazy but at least once it started they were all happy!

Wednesday we went to story time at Barnes and Noble. I was worried that the girls would get up and walk away or talk the whole time or just not pay attention so I've never taken them before. They didn't do any of those things and we had a really nice time. Got myself a starbucks...yay...and they were very good during story time. The lady reading the stories was awesome. She asked the kids questions the whole time and was very animated. They loved it!

Today is Thursday right? The weeks kind of getting away from me. :) This morning we went to my parents house to swim. My friend Sarah met me there with her two little kids. We sat in the screened in porch while the kids played in the water. It's so nice! My girls are fish! Natalie is trying to figure out how to dive but she basically stands like she is going to dive and then just does a normal jump in the pool. Heidi is actually swimming! I can't believe her. She swims as far as she can hold her breath. She just hasn't figured out how to breathe and swim at the same time. She has also started jumping in from the side of the pool. It is so cute! She runs and jumps in, swims to the steps and does it all over again. For hours! I've mainly been doing videos so I'll try to take pictures next time. But here is a cute one of Natalie and Heidi jumping in at the same time. :)



No comments: