Saturday, January 14, 2012

Little Artists

My brother got Natalie an easel for Christmas and we finally put it together. The girls love it! I bought Natalie some paints to use and had Heidi stick with the chalk. Then the next day while Natalie was at school I let Heidi have a turn. Natalie spilled blue paint and then Heidi spilled purple paint. On the carpet. One right after the other! You would think that a.) I wouldn't have put an easel on carpet and b.) I would have moved it after the first paint spill. Oh well...it's still on the carpet but the paints are put away. Yay for markers! At least they are washable. :) The good thing is that they both love to color and it occupies them for a long time. Natalie is really good too. 
 They can both color at the same time! So great!!

 Natalie is very focused!
 Her first work of art
 Heidi's turn painting


These two are Natalie's. The one on the left is with paint the one on the right is markers. I have to tell you though. While she was drawing the one on the right she was looking at stuff in our family room. Our ceiling fan, the clock, a lamp, our trash can and even an end table with my pink water bottle on it. I'm pretty impressed. 
 These are Heidi's. The one on the left is markers and the one on the left is paint. She likes H's...there are usually a few on everything she colors. :)

I also tried a cool thing on Natalie's hair that I found on pintrest. The link if you want to try it is here. Basically I put her hair in three buns and then had her sleep in it. It turned out so pretty! I really can't get over how much I love her hair curly. She wasn't in the mood to let me take her picture...she usually isn't. Here are a few that I was able to get. 



 Heidi wanted to have her picture taken so she put on Shane's beanie. I can't help it...I have adorable kids. :)










No comments: