Friday, January 6, 2012

Addicted



I found a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread on this blog...Cook, Eat and Be Merry about 2 months ago. I've probably made it about 5 times....at least. It is AMAZING! It makes three loaves and I try to give two away. But the third one is all mine. I barely let Shane and the girls have a bite! I leave a knife on the pan and every time I walk by I pretty much slice off the tiniest of pieces. I really can't stop eating it. I made this loaf last night! I did give my girls a slice though so that makes me feel a little better. :) If you want the recipe, you can follow the link to the other blog. I just add one thing to make it my own. I butter the pans and then sprinkle a cinnamon/sugar mix on it. Kinda like when you butter and flour a pan. Then when it's done baking, I add butter to the top, cover it with the same cinnamon/sugar mixture and throw it back in the oven to broil for a few minutes to make it all crunchy on top. Seriously to die for!! Make sure you watch it when you broil it though because it will burn quickly. (My Dad gets those!) Just watch it till it is bubbling and golden brown. Let me warn you though...if you decide to make it...you won't be able to stop eating it either!! 

2 comments:

Kirk said...

You must be getting better with your timing, I haven't had a burnt Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread in quite some time. Now that I think about it, I haven't had a not burnt Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread in quite some time. Probably a good thing, I would eat the whole thing before anyone knew it was here. Love you Daddy.

Aly said...

Thank you so much for the shout out! You are so sweet. And it's nice to know that my sister's not the only one who reads my blog ha. And I must try the butter and cinnamon sugar next time. My mouth literally started watering as I read that. And I checked out your cupcake blog...YUM! I might just have to place an order as soon as I give up on my New Year's resolution :)