Monday, April 4, 2011

Masters Week

For those of you who don't know...it's Masters week. For those of you who don't know...the Masters is a huge golf tournament. This is a crazy week if you live in Augusta. All the schools shut down, most people who live here leave, the normally quiet roads are crazy crowded and all the restaurants raise their prices. It's pretty crazy. One of the cool things this year is that my dad and Shane are doing security at the Masters this year. They are working at the gate the first half of the day and then they get to walk around the grounds for the second half. That's a pretty big deal. The golf course is very private. You can't see it when you drive by...the whole thing is walled in. You can't just buy tickets to see the Masters...you have to get on a waiting list for years! It's pretty crazy. So if any of you are watching it this week...keep an eye out for Shane and my dad...you just might see them cheering Tiger on. :)
So while everyone else is going crazy for golf...I've been trying to keep my girls busy without going anywhere. We did go to the park this morning but I don't think that counts....most golfers aren't hanging out at kid parks! It was a gorgeous day today and the girls had so much fun. They got to run and play and then we had them run around the walking track. Yes...they BOTH took naps today! :)
 After lunch I gave them both pudding for the first time. Needless to say they loved it. I loved how Heidi called it puddin. :) They were too into their food to stop and smile for a picture.
 For the rest of the day I did tons of cooking. First I made some Bananaberry Muffins courtesy of Bakerella. I used her recipe but made a few of my own changes. I have to say they turned out pretty good! Bananas and blueberries are two of my girls' favorite things so they love them. But I don't really like either and I still loved them. :) Especially with the cinnamon sugar topping. I always add that whenever I make banana bread or cake. I don't know why exactly but it reminds me of being a little kid when my dad would make me cinnamon toast. Seriously...the best ever. :)
Then I made some Meaty Tomato Sauce ala Pioneer Woman. I few changes there too but only because I didn't have everything that I needed. I just made the sauce though...that is for tomorrows dinner. 
 Then I made dinner for tonight...ala me. :) Or my mom or Nan...depends on how you look at it! Usually I save Linguine and Clam sauce for a romantic dinner but its fast and easy and my girls love it so I made it for them. That also turned out really good.
I don't know what happened today. I was just in the mood to be in the kitchen. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going for the rest of the week. :)

1 comment:

Kirk said...

That's some good looking food you cooked. I think I gained three pounds just looking at it! Love you. Daddy