Monday, September 23, 2013

Hilton Head

Shane and I spent this last weekend in Hilton Head. Neither one of us had ever been there and we were really needing a getaway for just the two of us. Getting there seemed to take forever. It was all back roads and we kept getting stuck behind a really slow car or big trucks. When we finally got there we just wanted to eat! The weather was amazing. It was warm with a cool breeze. We went to dinner and ate outside. Such a cute place. Shane got the most amazing shrimp tacos and and got fish and chips. The next morning Shane went golfing and I tagged along and got to drive the golf cart. So fun! Seriously...if I had known how fun it was I would have gone golfing with him a long time ago. :) We grabbed lunch at a terrible Mexican restaurant. I ordered taquitos and they tasted like the frozen Delimex ones you buy from the grocery store! Then we hit up the outlets! Hilton Head is known for their outlets. They had two big centers and we pretty much spent the rest of the day there. I was hoping to get some early Christmas shopping done but we kept getting sidetracked. :) We had another amazing dinner at a place called Wise Guys. We ate outside again because it was beautiful. The next morning we got up early and rented bicycles to ride on the beach. I think that might have been my favorite part. The sand was hard so they were really easy to ride. It really made me want to bring the girls back next time though...they would have loved it!









No comments: