Saturday, February 23, 2013

Home and Garden Expo

Shane and I are thinking about doing a little remodeling. I inherited this bug from my parents...I just love tearing walls down! In our last house I took the wall down between the kitchen and dining room and put in a eat in bar in between. Anyway...I just love it. The day we moved into this newly built home, I decided I wanted to tear the island out and put in a new one. The builders really didn't think about practicality when they built the island in my kitchen. It is two levels but the leven that you are supposed to sit at is too high and too narrow. It's just wasted space. So we want to build a bigger, one level island, replace the countertops and put wood floors all over downstairs. We've been waiting to do all this for almost 5 years now and I think we are finally ready to take the plunge! We spent the day at the Home and Garden Expo and got so many great ideas! We took the girls with us too...which was kind of crazy. Although they did have a Home Depot workshop where the girls got to make their own toolboxes. It was so cute!! They got to glue and hammer and wear a Home Depot apron with their names on it. 





1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was such a fun day at the Home show...the girls need to bring their tool boxes over and pound nails in Bampa's shed!