Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Matthew

Seriously...I don't know whats wrong with me. I have seriously just not been motivated to get on here!! It could be that we have been super busy or it could be that I've been trying to catch up on my scrapbooking, (eek!) or maybe that I'm just not in the mood. :)
Anyway...so Matthew's birthday. We went to my parents' house to swim and hang out. We had a honeybaked ham, scalloped potatoes that were A-MAZ-ING, rolls and salad. Super yummy! I made a chocolate chocolate cake for him and Colie decorated it. Matthew is a pretty tough kid to buy gifts for. Last year...I bombed! I heard about it all year and I had to make up for it this year. He doesn't ever want anything but money and that is not a fun gift to give. So I went to the store and I got a bunch of dollar bills, a couple gold coin dollars or whatever you call those and then some 5 dollar bills. I had the girls color pictures for him and Natalie found some random gifts around the house. I had Shane blow up around 20 balloons and I filled them with all the different things. Some had a couple dollars, coins, 17 pennies, pictures, crayons and chalk from Natalie and a few empty ones. We filled a giant box and told him he could have whatever he could pop in 60 seconds. That kid popped the whole box in less than 30 seconds with his bare hands! It was so funny!






 Mom's gift to Matthew...an entire bowl of pasta salad just for him!
 Our crazy gift for Matthew








Silly dog

No comments: