Thursday, July 26, 2012

We Grew a Watermelon!

So you all know of our "famous" 4th of July watermelon seed spitting contest. It's so much fun every year. If you haven't heard about it...check it out here or here. We've had it now for 3 years and each year it's a total blast. So about two weeks ago, Shane was mowing the grass in the front yard and asked if I had planted anything in the front yard. I did...I planted a peoni bush so I told him that it wasn't a weed and don't pull it out. A week later my dad is here and he says....why do you have a watermelon plant in your front yard?? A WATERMELON PLANT??? I didn't plant a watermelon in my front yard! Seriously people...this is the coolest thing ever! Some random seed from one of our seed spitting contests planted itself in my front yard and it's growing! I'm not pulling it up either. I can't grow anything ever and now there is an actual watermelon growing in our front yard! I'm so excited!! :)





1 comment:

Kirk said...

That is the prettiest Watermelon EVER!!!!! Just too funny. Can I have a bite when it's ready? Love you. Daddy