Thursday, February 16, 2012

Catching Up

So I think you've noticed that I have not been keeping up with my picture a day challenge this month. Ever since we found out that Shane's Aunt Eva died things have been pretty crazy! We bought tickets and flew out to California for the funeral. My mom stayed with the girls so that we didn't have to bring them along for the craziness. We flew out Thursday morning super early, got to LA, hit up In N Out and then drove down to Tustin to meet up with the family. We pretty much changed out clothes and headed to the viewing. I really feel so honored that I was able to be a part of the whole weekend. It was just really special. The whole weekend was a celebration of Aunt Eva's amazing life. I loved hearing the stories and hearing everyone speak about why they loved her so much. Friday morning was the funeral Mass. Shane and the other grandsons/nephews were the pallbearers. Shane, Jon and Josh all wore their military uniforms and Joel actually wore Uncle Rueben's old Marine uniform. Very special! The rest of the weekend was spent with family...reminiscing and laughing.  Here are a few pics from the weekend. 
 The boys...Joel, Jon, Shane and Josh
 Uncle Rich teased one too many times and the boys threw him in the pool next door...fully dressed!

 It was so funny! I didn't run fast enough to get a good shot!
All the cousins went to In N Out for dinner Friday night. We had so much fun! From left to right....Tommy, Sabrina, Justin, Mary, Jon, Jaime, Joel, Shane and Stephanie

It has been pretty crazy since we got home too. The girls had a really fun weekend while we were gone. They had no rules, no naps and no normal bedtime while we were gone. They got to have a slumber party with their cousin on the living room floor one night and on Saturday they got to spend the night at my sister's house. They had a blast and I am so thankful that my family was able to help me out! Although we have been trying to get back on schedule ever since we got home!! Natalie also had her Valentines day party at school on Tuesday so Monday afternoon we spent a couple hours making her Valentines for the kids at preschool. 
 She added all the stickers, wrote her name on the back of each and then glued on the tootsie rolls. A lot of work for a 4 year old. She kept saying..."Can't I finish these tomorrow??" That's what happens when you wait till the last minute! :)

She had such a great time at her Valentines day party at school. She came home with so much candy! It was like Halloween! Too bad Mommy is on a diet!

 I woke up Tuesday to roses and a sweet card from my hubby. 
I went on base and found his truck in the huge parking lot where he works and tied a giant balloon to his car. He said he could see it as soon as he walked out of the building when he got off. I thought it was pretty funny...he was just glad no one walked out with him! 

I'm still trying to get back in the swing of things now that we are home. It's crazy how a couple days off your normal schedule can take a week or more to get back on schedule! I'm hoping that with this long weekend coming up we can get back to normal and I won't feel so behind anymore. :)

1 comment:

Kirk said...

It looks like the funeral was the celebration it should have been. Glad everyone was able to get together and enjoy the occasion. The military uniforms were a very nice touch. If you get back on schedule in a week it will be amazing. Your mother can do a lot of damage in three days! Love you. Daddy